Chemical Peels in Newport Beach & Fullerton, CA
Jennifer Armstrong MD is your state-of-the-art center for high-quality medical and cosmetic dermatologic care. Dr. Jennifer Armstrong and her expert medical team members are proud to offer a wide range of non-surgical and non-invasive treatments that provide patients with their healthiest-looking and -feeling skin. We are proud to offer chemical peels to men and women in Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Beverly Hills, and the neighboring communities in Orange County, California.
What are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels have been becoming more and more popular with our patients over the past few years. These minimally invasive exfoliating treatments allow our patients to address their uneven skin tone and texture by gently resurfacing over a period of days. At Jennifer Armstrong MD, we are proud to offer our patients a wide range of chemical peels that vary in depth and can treat patients with all skin tones and types. Before choosing which chemical peel treatment you want to receive, we highly encourage you to come in for a private consultation with Dr. Armstrong and her team. She’ll go over which chemical peel options are best for you based on your skin’s current condition, sensitivity, tone, and overall concerns.
What Chemical Peels are Available?
At Jennifer Armstrong MD, we are proud to offer the following chemical peels:
- Salicylic Acid Chemical Peel
- Our Salicylic Acid chemical peel treatment is perfect for patients who wish to address their acne. The active ingredients in this peel serve to break up substances that are clogging the pores and unclog them, releasing blackheads and performing an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory function.
- Smart Peel II
- The Smart Peel II uses layers of various acids to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines and restore a more youthful look to aging or damaged skin. The multi-layered acids can improve the appearance of irregular skin tone and restore the glow of fresh, healthy skin.
- TCA Peel
- TCA, or trichloroacetic acid, effectively exfoliates and renews skin quality. This peel can dramatically improve skin quality on the face, décolletage, hands, or legs. It is also effective when used to peel certain areas of the skin that have been damaged due to aging, discoloration, or scarring.
- The Perfect Derma Peel
- The Perfect Derma Peel is one of our most popular anti-aging treatments. This peel is suitable for people of every age with any skin tone and type. Its active ingredients work to brighten the skin and can address skin damage, as it stimulates natural collagen production for a firmer, more supple complexion.
- Cosmelan Peel
- The Cosmelan Peel is ideal for targeting and treating your hyperpigmentation at its source. This peel contains multiple pigment-removing properties and accelerates cell turnover for beautiful, radiant results.
What Can I Expect During my Chemical Peel?
Your chemical peel will be performed by Dr. Jennifer Armstrong in our state-of-the-art facility. Before your treatment begins, Dr. Armstrong will cleanse the skin of your treated area and apply a topical anesthetic to ensure you remain as comfortable as possible. She will then apply a thin, even layer of the chemical peel treatment you choose to receive. After a short period of time, the chemical solution will be wiped away and replaced with a neutralizing solution to stop the chemical process and allow the skin to begin healing. How long the chemical solution stays on the skin will depend on the type and depth of peel you choose.
What Can I Expect After my Chemical Peel?
Immediately after your chemical peel treatment, you may notice your skin being red and sensitive to the touch, similar to the sensation of a sunburn. This is normal and typically subsides on its own within a week or two of treatment. The “peel” portion of your chemical peel will begin within about three days of treatment and may last up to 14 days depending on the depth of your chemical peel. Once all the dead skin sloughs off the treated areas, a beautiful, radiant complexion underneath will be revealed. While there is no formal downtime or recovery period following your chemical peel treatment, it’s important to keep in mind that your skin will be peeling and sensitive for up to two weeks.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Chemical Peel?
If you’re looking for a minimally invasive skin resurfacing treatment to address your uneven skin tone and texture, a chemical peel may be right for you. Ideal candidates for chemical peels are in general good health and have realistic expectations of their results. If you’re unsure whether chemical peels are right for you, we encourage you to come in for a private consultation with Dr. Armstrong. She’ll be happy to sit down with you, listen to your concerns, evaluate your skin, and develop a personalized treatment plan to help you achieve your ultimate aesthetic goals.
How Much Do Chemical Peels Cost?
The cost of your chemical peel will depend on the extent of treatment needed to achieve your desired results. To get a better idea of how much your chemical peel will cost, we encourage you to come in for a private consultation with Dr. Armstrong. For your convenience, we are happy to offer flexible financing options through CareCredit® and special in-house membership programs that allow you to save money on your treatments
Dr. Jennifer Armstrong and her team of medical professionals are proud to offer a variety of advanced non-surgical dermatologic services to residents of Newport Beach, Beverly Hills, Huntington Beach, and the neighboring communities of Orange County, CA. Contact us to schedule your private medical or cosmetic dermatology consultation with Dr. Armstrong today.