Acne in Newport Beach & Fullerton, CA
Jennifer Armstrong MD is your state-of-the-art center for high-quality medical and cosmetic dermatologic care. Dr. Jennifer Armstrong and her expert medical team members are proud to offer a wide range of non-surgical and non-invasive treatments that provide patients with their healthiest-looking and -feeling skin. We are proud to offer acne treatments to men and women in Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Beverly Hills, and the neighboring communities in Orange County, California.
What is Acne?
Acne is one of the most common skin conditions that affect men, women, and adolescents alike. These blemishes pop up when the tiny channels in your skin, called pores, get clogged up with bacteria, dead skin cells, dirt, or oils. While acne can appear in the form of a few tiny zits for some, others who suffer from severe and chronic acne breakouts find that their blemishes get in the way of their confidence and ability to live their lives the way they want. Dr. Armstrong’s medical team members are able to treat four different kinds of acne:
- Papules. Papules appear in small, red, and raised bumps which are typically caused by irritated hair follicles.
- Pustules. Pustules are what we typically think of when we think of acne. These small, red pimples have pus at their tips and are usually called “whiteheads.”
- Nodules. Nodules are the blemishes we associate with more severe acne. These zits are solid and often painful lumps underneath the skin’s surface.
- Cysts. Cystic acne is the most frustrating and painful form of chronic acne. These large lumps found beneath your skin are generally painful and contain pus.
What Causes Acne?
If you have acne, you’ve most likely gone online and done some research about what acne is and what causes it. The most honest answer to this question really depends on your body’s chemistry and your lifestyle. At face value, acne is caused by the pores in your skin becoming clogged up with bacteria, dead skin cells, excess oil, or dirt. This buildup inside the pores causes the painful and visible blemishes we know as acne on the skin. That being said, there is a long list of other factors that may contribute to the development of your acne including birth control methods, hormonal changes in the body, genetic factors, and sensitivity to diets high in sugar and carbohydrates.
What Acne Treatments are Available?
Dr. Jennifer Armstrong’s professional medical team are proud to offer a wide range of acne treatments to men, women, and teens, including:
- Armstrong Acne Blue Light Treatment
- Dr. Jennifer Armstrong’s signature LED light therapy treatment includes the use of blue light, which kills off acne-causing bacteria on the surface of the skin. This treatment not only treats your current acne but also helps prevent future acne breakouts from occurring.
- Prescription Oral and Topical Medication
- Prescription topical and oral medications have been used to treat acne for decades. This tried-and-true method gives our patients the flexibility to treat their acne in the comfort of their own homes on their own time.
- Medical-Grade Skincare Products
- If you’ve found that over-the-counter skincare products aren’t quite cutting it, Dr. Armstrong and her team will likely encourage you to invest in some medical-grade skincare. These products use high-quality ingredients that have been clinically proven to provide the results you’ve been looking for.
How Much Do Acne Treatments Cost?
The cost of your acne treatments will depend on the type of treatment you choose to receive, the extent of treatment needed to achieve your desired results, and the coverage provided by your current health insurance plan. To get a better idea of how much your acne treatments will cost, we encourage you to come in for a private consultation.
Dr. Jennifer Armstrong and her team of medical professionals are proud to offer a variety of advanced non-surgical dermatologic services to residents of Newport Beach, Beverly Hills, Huntington Beach, and the neighboring communities of Orange County, CA. Contact us to schedule your private medical or cosmetic dermatology consultation with Dr. Armstrong today.